Sunday, October 29, 2006

God answered

Sometimes we ask God for things and want an answer. A particular answer and right now! We forget that God's answer may not only be "no", but "not now".

I've been feeling lonely lately, being in a new town, more secluded in where I live, and just not knowing "girlfriends" that I can get together with at a moments notice. As these thoughts were going through my head and heart on Friday evening, the phone rang. It was a woman who I've really wanted to get to know. She's just a neat person. She said, "I heard you play cards. Let's get together tomorrow night"!

It may not sound like much, but God answered a small longing in my heart.

Whenever you feel like calling someone for no reason. They are on your mind, or you're just wondering how they are doing. I have a feeling it's God wanting you to reach out. They may need you more than you know.

"Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening." 1 Samuel 3:9

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative