Friday, May 30, 2008

Hearing His Voice Loud and Clear

Have you ever heard God speak to you so loudly that you almost couldn't make out where He was leading you? That has been happening to me. I know God has spoken to me and is giving me direction. At first I thought I was losing my mind, because I truly did not know what He wanted me to do. Now I do.

I have wanted to develop my speaking ministry for a long time, but never really felt the push. Well, God has practically knocked me down! After a few weeks of several presentations, with the final presentation being a sermon I preached in church on Mothers Day, I knew this is what I was meant to do.

I "accidentally" came across the Proverbs 31 Ministries website and found a "She Speaks" conference devoted to women in leadership, writing and speaking the word of God. It was too perfect! But already full! I put my name on the waiting list, forgot about it and the next day received an email that three spots opened up and I was welcomed to one of them! I signed up and will be attending the conference from June 20 - 22nd. There was even one open speaker evaluation spot left open!

I have no doubt in my mind that God opened this door for me. I am praying that this experience will help give me direction in my ministry.

Sometimes it takes a good knock on the head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there I love the name of your blog! Very nice!
I'll be at She Speaks. Hope to "meet" you there.

krista said...

I "accidentally" found the Proverbs 31 webstie too and it seemed that the She Speaks conference just kept popping up. I finally took notice and thought this must be God! I am looking forward to what He has in store for all us! Great post!

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative