Monday, August 31, 2009

Satisfaction

I've never been called to go on a mission trip or to help a youth group build houses. You know what I mean? That form of ministry is not where my gifts are strongest.

This past weekend, along with a couple of new friends at our new church, we remodeled the entry of our church, gave the sanctuary a deep cleaning, decluttered a hallway filled with junky cabinets and cleaned bathrooms.

It was the most rewarding day I've had in a long time.

To stand back and see how your work has made a difference all in the name of the Lord.

In my new role as the pastor's wife, I am seeing things much differently. I feel as if I am working with my husband. It is really exciting. Anything I can do to help our congregation have a closer relationship with God, to worship freely, to hear the message, I am ready for.

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11


Today I Am Thankful For:

1. no boxes in my living room!
2. our storage shed
3. pumpkin candles
4. shredders
5. our new friends, B and T

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative