Monday, August 13, 2012

Reverence


I used to think reverence was only attributed to the Divine. You know, like making the sign of the cross as you crossed in front of the altar of the church or simply whispered when you were inside of a church out of respect. 

I recently had an unexpected, beautiful moment while I was at a conference in San Diego.  Our new friends from New Mexico were there with their three boys (2 with hemophilia) and their newest addition was only about 5 weeks old!  One day they joined us for lunch so I ate quickly and took the baby so his mom and dad could eat uninterrupted (I remember that was a nice treat with a newborn).  The baby started to fuss after a little bit, so we walked.  In the midst of a hotel banquet room with the clinking of silverware, voices floating through the room and the air buzzing with laughter and conversation, here I was in a quiet, savory moment with this precious little one.  Despite the craziness around us, it was a moment of reverence….a moment of awe.  A moment that took me back to holding my children when they were new to this world. 

I don't think I stopped smiling as I held this beautiful little creature.  The moment took me away from my tired feet, my troubles and worries, and I focused on what at that moment was the most divine.

 Today I Am Thankful For:

1.  Homemade chocolate/peanut butter cookies
2.  AFV
3.  Old printers
4.  Golf tournaments
5.  An afternoon filled with work for ministry


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative