Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time With God - part 2

Growing up a good Catholic girl was filled with rules.

Clasp your hands a certain way to pray, sit down, kneel, stand, make the sign of the cross, light a candle, pray to the saints......it was all very confusing, especially since none of it was explained in my home.

I've always felt as if you have to do things a certain way.

I like lists and rules and knowing exactly what is expected of me, but the one area in my life that is still not settled is my daily time with God.

I tried reading the One Year Bible, but then I would miss a day here and there and, well, I never picked it back up. I was too far behind and hadn't "done it right."

I started writing my prayers to God in a journal on January 1st. Some days have gone by, and I failed, yet again.

I got up early everyday to spend quiet time with God, then I started staying up later and 5:30 am would come and go.

What works best for you?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. old sitcoms
2. gift cards
3. piles of folded clothes
4. frayed blankets
5. my Crocs flip flops

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative