Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mama


It's been almost 16 years since Mama passed away.  I think of her often and today I have a warmth in my heart as I think about her.

The homemade french fries she would make after school.

The $20 bill that would come in the mail when I was off at college (always right when I needed it).

The new outfit she would surprise me with when I was pregnant and growing a bit too fast :).

Cracking up in laughter with her over the silliest things.

Hearing the music to the show "Dallas" and knowing her and Daddy were glued to the television (and the O.J. trial).

And the daily phone calls, which I miss most of all.

I miss her everyday.  Lydia Campos was my mother, and I am a better person (and Mom) because of how she loved me.

post signature

1 comments:

Regina (Black) Wilcox said...

This post made me smile and have SO many memories flood in on me. Lydia Campos was not my mother, BUT I, too, am a better person and mother for having known her. Love you Sandy :)

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative