Monday, November 19, 2012

Great Things



post signature
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love spending the day in the kitchen creating our "feast".  My family does not like the occasional Thanksgiving that we are not at home simply because there will not be any leftovers :)  I love that they love my cooking.  Cooking is something I do with my whole heart for my family.  It is a pleasure.

Thanksgiving is a very special time and what I try to share in my ministry, my writing, my witness is that Thanksgiving is a year round practice.  We should be giving thanks not only through the good times, but through the bad times as well.  So often we get going in a good place in our lives and we forget to keep that conversation with God going and telling Him we are thankful for all of the many blessings in our lives.  Every day we should be doing this. 

And what about the bad times?  The truth is that things can always be worse.  The hard part about giving thanks to God during those dark times is remembering to send up words of praise to Him.  That is probably one of the hardest things to do.  Praising during the storm is a true test of faith.

How are you going to keep this season of thanks going throughout the year?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1.  Lamps
2.  The scrapbook store
3.  Page protectors
4.  Receipts
5.  The smell of a clean head of hair

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative