Monday, November 12, 2012

Too Close??


I traveled to Florida on business from Wednesday through Sunday last week.  I work with some great people and enjoy their company when we are off the clock, but when you are a homebody like I am, after a day or two, you are ready to come home.  I caught myself at Universal Studios on a perfect, Florida night with friends, wanting nothing more than to be watching a movie at home with my guys.  I just adore them.

 
I often wonder if there is a such thing as being "too close" to your family.  After three days traveling alone I just start to shut down because I miss them terribly.

 
I did enjoy seeing old friends and meeting new colleagues, but what I want more than anything is to be present for my husband and children.  Our lives could not be going better and I just don't want to miss out on a thing!

 
I am glad to be home.

 
Today I Am Thankful For:

1.  Empty seats on a flight
2.  Laughing with the girls
3.  Hugging the neck of an old friend
4.  A tall glass of iced tea (at home)
5.  A high of 30 degrees!

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative