Friday, April 27, 2012

For A Moment

I made it back from my whirlwind business trips to Wisconsin and Missouri without any problems.  It amazes me that I have been on eight flights within the past week and not once did a person speak to me.  You sit so closely to strangers and often times no one even says hello to the other person.  It makes you feel pretty alone. 

 As I arrived at the Dallas airport, looking forward to my final flight home, there was a young mother with two children at the smoothie shop.  One child in a stroller the other not more than 3 years old.  Her smoothie dropped and she was on the floor in the middle of a crowd of people trying to wipe up the mess.  No one stopped to help her!  I didn't know what to do, so I had the young, clueless boy behind the counter give me a wad of napkins and I started to help her mop up the mess best I could.  She looked at me for a moment through the tears falling from her face and between sobs said, "thank you."  At that moment another woman stopped and helped us out.  For the first time in my travels over those days I didn't feel alone.

 It's hard to reach out to others sometimes.  We often feel helpless and are afraid to reach out for help.  An old friend of mine on Facebook recently asked for prayers because her family is going through some tough times.  I think it says a lot when you can actually ask for prayer.  I think it makes you stronger.

 Sometimes we all need a helping hand.  We need to be strong enough to accept it and know that God is loving us through the acts of others.  Isn't that what being the hands and feet of Christ is all about?

 Today I Am Thankful For:

1.  Brightly, colored cardstock
2.  Naps in my favorite chair
3.  Blackberry seeds in my teeth
4.  Washer and dryers at the hotel
5.  Spilled smoothies


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative