Monday, January 26, 2009

100th Post!

I actually made it to my 100th post! Do I have anything awe inspiring to share today? Unfortuately not, but I do have a reminder to myself.

I am human.

I get scared.

I get stressed out.

I get angry.

God uses me regardless.

My oldest had surgery last Thursday and is now home and doing very well. (When you have a bleeding disorder, surgery can be even more stressful than usual.)

The funny thing is that everything came to a head yesterday. I felt all the stress, the anger and the exhaustion of staying in the hospital for 4 days straight. I was in the worst mood ever! At least I could see it and admitted it, but I hated how I felt.

I started questioning everything in my life. "How could God call me to be a Christian speaker? How can I lead a womens ministry at my church? I am being such a lousy mom because I am so short tempered...a "good, Christian woman" would never be this way..............." I know, I know. It's Satan taking advantage of me.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:6-7


Today I Am Thankful For:

1. getting things done
2. copy machines
3. prayer warriors
4. my own pillow
5. my "laundress" aka mother in law!

1 comments:

D Wright said...

Congratulations on the 100th post! I noticed that you read books written by Jan Karon. If you enjoy checking out websites, look at Jan Karon's website at www.mitfordbooks.com. The website shares pictures and information about her life, her books, and news about the book she is working on. I think you will like it!

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative