Monday, January 05, 2009

I Just Want to Get Home!

I am supposed to be home. Our quick surprise visit to my mother-in-law in Houston turned out to be a few days longer. My oldest had an appendicitis attack. The doctors kept going back and forth as to whether or not to operate (due to his hemophilia we think they were not wanting to perform surgery), and finally we decided it was not going to happen.

He is doing great, with no pain and we are meeting with our hematologist and surgeon in Albuquerque in the next few weeks.

It's scary being away from home and needing medical attention. (Even when you are in one of the biggest cities in the country.)

Never let a doctor run over you and take your voice away. Stand up for your rights as a patient/parent. Doctors do not know everything. Sometimes they need to be questioned, not just in their diagnosis, but in the way they treat people.

It was a rough situation, but I thank God that my son is doing well.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. my son's health
2. speaking up (not just for myself, but for others)
3. family
4. the New Year
5. nurses

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading thru your blog--it's very inspirational! Miss you.

De

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative