Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Humbling Work

I worked a Chrysalis event this past weekend. I was a member of the "support team." It was held at Sacramento Methodist Assembly and it is a little piece of heaven on earth. Located in the mountains of Sacramento, New Mexico, I would guess you could see every possible star in existence at night. It is breathtaking.

Our team was responsible for setting up for each event, organizing and distributing material, moving boxes, keeping the food tables set up and praying for the various speakers throughout the weekend (that was my favorite task).

When you are up several thousand feet in altitude, walking hills and climbing stairs, you tend to get tired. It was hard work. I worked with a great team of people, but in the beginning there was one person who was definitely not there to serve the Lord. He made me truly put myself in perspective and reevaluate my reasons for working. I didn't want to be selfish like he was and work with an angry heart. (He did get better by the last day :)

I've never worked in that capacity. There were times I didn't think I would make it through the weekend. There is one scripture that summed up my experience this weekend.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24.

Many lives were touched throughout the weekend and something as simple as keeping water in the ice chest made a difference and glorified God.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. sleeping in my own bed
2. the Inaguaration
3. camp food
4. being surprised
5. shooting stars

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative