Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Circumstances

My mind is a dangerous neighborhood to walk alone. We can get in our heads and start thinking really negative thoughts. As Mothers' Day has come and gone, I start to evaluate my being a mother. Am I doing the right things for my children, am I saying the right things to my tween during this difficult year he has had. Am I being attentive enough to my three year old?

Oh, the questions and doubts go on and on and on. But something happened Monday afternoon.

I received a call from my little one's daycare because he started to limp...a sure sign he is having a bleed (both of my boys have Severe Hemophilia). I rushed over to daycare and talked to him, watched him walk and realized he was definitely having a bleed. I scooped him up and off we went to the house to infuse.

We get to the house and start the process, a fast bath (because he has critters under his neck), then we infuse. It all happens at lightning speed with no doubt...no confusion.

I have come to the belief that God blesses us with different circumstances. Circumstances that may deal with health issues, family, work. Circumstances that are designed for each of us to weather. Hemophilia just happens to be ours and the Lord has blessed us tremendously with Hemophilia.

The circumstances God has laid at our feet are not to be thought of as a curse but a blessing. The old adage, "God never gives us more than we can handle" is true! Remember God created beauty out of chaos. Be blessed by your difficulties, because with God, all things are possible.

"We are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ so that we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. factor replacement
2. new glasses
3. new projects at work
4. hairclips
5. fresh starts

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative