Monday, May 04, 2009

A Wonderful Message

I had the wonderful blessing of hearing Liz Curtis Higgs speak this past Saturday. She is the author of the Bad Girls of the Bible series, along with numerous other works. She is a hoot! I heard her a year ago in Houston so to have heard this amazing woman of God speak twice is a tremendous blessing to me.

She presented on three women of the Bible, Hagar, Sarah and Leah. It was wonderful teaching. But more than anything what I appreciated the most was hearing Liz's testimony interwoven throughout her presentation. I'd heard it before, but it really touched me this second time around. She is a self proclaimed "FBG", Former Bad Girl.

What did I bring back from God speaking through her Saturday? That God loves us exactly the way we are, right now. Liz reminded me that we, as women, are always in a state of apology. Have you been there? Apologizing for letting our bodies go, apologizing for not nurturing relationships, apologizing for not "being the best" all of the time.

We have to stop apologizing and give God the glory. In all things, in all circumstances. He has a plan for us (Jeremiah 29:11) and we have to go through many things to receive what He has in store for us.

Stop apologizing...give Him the glory!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. safe travels for my husband
2. baskets
3. an old, unfinished trunk
4. bubbles
5. being remembered

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative