Monday, May 18, 2009

Impressions

I work for a home health care company and am very fortunate to work from my "home office." Actually, my office is located in the choir room of our church where my husband is the Music Minister. I moved in a couple of years ago when my depression was starting to eat my lunch. Our pastor did not hesitate and invited me in so that I would be part of the staff family during the workday.

As I go about doing my work, (I have two laptops running daily) people come and go as well as the children who come back a couple of days a week for reherasals. One day, the pastor's daughter asked me, "Cazandra, what exactly is your job?" I gave her a scaled down answer that a 5th grader would understand and she replied, "Oh, I thought you were a wedding planner."

Isn't it funny, the impressions we make on people? The things that run through other people's minds of what we do, what we illustrate on a daily basis. That is why I am so passionate about "oozing." I want people to know that Christ is in my heart. That there is something special that fuels me. That I live my life to exemplify love in all things.

Are you an "oozer?" Have you been one in the past and perhaps let the world take over and diminsh what you believe?

Recommit to Christ. All you have to do is open the line of communication.

Reconnect with Christ. There is no "right" way. Just start talking to Him. He knows the desires of your heart.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. plastic tubs
2. unexpected phone calls
3. green fabric
4. ribbon
5. Diet Cherry Cokes

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative