Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

In my "former life" I was a a middle school band director. I worked with students who were just starting to learn how to play their instruments (my favorite part) and with students who had a year or two of experience. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed my years of teaching.

One thing I was insistent on was practicing. How in the world could you improve if you didn't practice? I even taught my students how to practice so that they would get the most out of their time.

Some people believe in the saying "Practice Makes Perfect." I don't know if it makes perfect, but it will indeed bring you closer to your goal.

I believe it's the same with the time we spend with God. We have to practice being in His presence. Have you slipped away from God? Are your days not filled with as much peace as you would like? Then cry out to God and let Him know that you want to be more involved with Him. You want to be in His presence.

We have to practice being in His presence and make it a daily commitment.

Maybe the best time for you is when you wake up and are lying in bed before your feet even touch the floor. It could be after you get the kids off to school and you sit and have your cup of coffee with Him. If you work full time, it may be during your lunch break, or try setting an alarm that will go off every hour on the hour so that you spend a minute with God each hour throughout your workday.

There are many ways to practice the presence of God. The important thing is, to just do it. It will change your life.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. new craft projects
2. the ladies in my support group
3. coasters
4. big, plastic tumblers
5. old photographs

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative