Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Loneliness

"Loneliness can be God's call to fellowship with Him."

My mind is a dangerous neighborhood to walk by myself. You know what I mean? It's a great place for Satan to take root.

I was cleaning the kitchen, no one else at home, and I started to travel into some negative territory...my weitht, doubt, loneliness. Then I did something pretty great...I stopped and started talking to God. I was washing the dishes and just started talking to him in the midst of my negativity.

Within a few minutes I felt so much better! I was so excited that I didn't travel down the thought path that Satan had prepared for me.

It's the little victories that mean so much.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. homemade cookies
2. greasy fingers
3. raffia
4. curtains
5. bare feet

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative