Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Rest

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

So many things happen to us on a daily basis. The little things add up. The big things take our breath away in an instant. Regardless of how insignificant we may think our problems are, God is there for us. For every single thing.

This verse from Matthew is very comforting to me. I especially like "will give you rest." Knowing that God is there for me in all things allows me to rest for a moment...to breathe knowing that His will is going to be done.

We can live our lives "weary" or in "joy."

I have a friend ("J") who recently lost a young daughter. To lose a child must be beyond devastating. I am amazed at "J" because she has shown up to Bible Study, shares in class and looks better every time I see her. She has given up everthing to the Lord and is healing. She has chosen joy. She has given her sadness and grief to the Lord and He is carrying her.

What are you struggling with? What has become a burden so heavy that your joy has disappeared? The Lord is big enought to handle anything you give him!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. my little one walking (healed from a bleed)
2. toy tools
3. cards from old friends
4. ceramics
5. emery boards

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative