Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday

Six years ago, my life changed. Yes, it was a long, awaited day as my second child came into the world...sleeping and with a perfect haircut. But what I didn't anticipate was how much my "Christian" would teach me. He came 10 years after my first child, so things had changed quite a bit. And with hemophilia....I only thought I knew what I was doing. Here we are, six years later, after more hospital visits than I can count, chemotherapy, a painful right ankle, many, many missed days of school....I could go on. But this is what counts.... Love. Love in the shape of a tough as nails little boy who has already gone through more than many of us every will. Love in the shape of giggles at night with his Daddy as they have "fuzzy face" before going to bed. Love in the shape of the thrill of seeing a monster truck for the first time with his aunts. I just can't even imagine my life without him. Happy Birthday, my sweet love. Today I Am Thankful For: 1. cupcakes 2. presents 3. new jammies 4. grapes 5. school friends

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative