Monday, January 09, 2012

Musical Memories


I am playing Oboe and English Horn with the Mesilla Valley Concert Band. We rehearse on Sunday evenings and I have been unable to attend as much as I have wanted to this season due to my bout with pneumonia and "Christian" being in the hospital.
I went to rehearsal last night and a flood of memories come back to me. As I was turning the page on a new piece of music, it would not stay flat. I put my hand on the page and pressed it against the stand. The feel of the paper, brand new paper, with a flurry of notes yet to be played reminded me of my school days. In band with Mrs. Dempsey, Mr. Brinkley, Mr. Hess, private lessons with Mr. Villani and Mr. Weaver. I was always so excited when I had a new piece of music in my hand. There is something about the feel of that paper and knowing that the instruments I play bring it to life.

I am rekindling my passion for music. It has been such a joy in my life. I am not spending as much time playing as I would like, but it is a start. Any time I can put in to being passionate is time well spent.

Today I Am Thankful For:
1. Sunday naps
2. Fresh nail polish
3. Routine
4. Frasier
5. rain





post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative