Monday, June 25, 2012

Being Dry

It is so hot! I am just thankful I don't live in Houston anymore and have to deal with the humidity. I'll take the dry heat here in New Mexico any day:) Since moving into our new home, I've not paid any attention to the plants in my backyard. I went out to water them and it was just amazing how dry they were. They soaked up the water faster than the water hose could deliver. I had not spent time taking care of those poor plants. I put other things in front of needing to give them water and as a result of my negligence, they do not look very good. I've been so concerned with packing and unpacking that my spiritual life has been like my poor plants. Dry, dry, dry. I've not put the necessary time into my relationship with Christ that I need to put in in order to be full. To be fed. To find and feel the peace that I crave. I know our family has been led to the right place as my husband assumed the pastoral duties at Rio Rancho UMC this week. My heart has been stirred to work with the women of the congregation and I know that diving into my ministry is going to help the "drought" in my spirit. Today I Am Thankful For: 1. peanuts 2. nails 3. pasta 4. a new necklace 5. laundry rooms

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative