Monday, June 18, 2012

Ready or Not, Here We Come!

All of our things are in one place...our last Sunday in T or C is behind us...several boxes still to unpack...but now I start to think about the journey to come.

 A bigger church, many, many more names to learn, new relationships to build...new schools for my boys and many new challenges to come.  It's enough to really freak me out.  I can start questioning my ability to work alongside my husband in ministry, I can question God about why he moved us from a church that was starting to really show growth, but I have to continually ask myself, "Why worry?"  One of my favorite passages in scripture is found in Matthew 6:25-34.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

 When I worry I begin to doubt and doubt is one of the worst things a person can do (it's something I truly struggle with).  Doubt starts with a tiny whisper.  It's like the "good angel" on one shoulder and the "bad angel" on the other.  When that tiny voice starts in my head, sometimes I am not strong enough to silence it.

But what I know for sure is that God does not make mistakes.  He puts us on  a path to seek and serve and when we listen to Him with our whole heart, everything just falls into place. 

 Rio Rancho, here we come :)

 Today I am Thankful For:

1.  Hugs and tears
2.  A great steak
3.  Nectarines
4.  Water hoses
5.  New beginnings


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative