Friday, June 29, 2012

The Big City

I lived in Houston for over 30 years.  It was a big city.  Huge.  But when you grow up in a big town, it's just part of who you are.  You get around despite traffic.  You have a toll tag on your car windshield, and you know what times of day to travel.  Anything and everything you need is within arms reach (if your checkbook allows).

Then we moved to Deming, New Mexico.  It was truly a day and night experience, but we loved it!  We were ready for small town living.  Then off to Truth or Consequences, even smaller.  After six years of "living on the prairie," we have moved back to the big world.  We love it!  But let me tell you, sometimes it's pretty overwhelming.

When I go to the store, I have to concentrate and realize that the store is bustling with activity and lots of people milling around.  Last night we actually had two church members say hello and I was mortified because I had not a clue to what their names were!  Oh my goodness, it is going to take some great effort and many missed names to get to know everyone.  It's just overwhelming.

It's enough to get me to start to spiral down into depression.  But I've not given in and have been fighting it for quite a while.

God has blessed us abundantly.  The blessings in  my life never cease to amaze me.  I just want to go out and ooze the Holy Spirit so that people know Christ is alive at the church on the hill!  It is what we are called to do.

Let's get on the same page and ooze together and touch the lives of those in Rio Rancho in a supernatural way!  You just never know what will happen.

Today I Am Thankful For:
1. Joe
2. Julian
3. Caeleb
4. Good coffee
5. routine


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative