Friday, June 15, 2012

I Thank My God For You

Six years ago, my family moved from all we knew in Houston, Texas to a little town calledDeming.  It was a huge move for us...and one of the best things that we ever did.  We stepped out in faith and followed God's call to ministry.  Everything fell into place...just like when we moved to Truth or Consequences.  The people of T or C have been absolutely amazing.  We have always felt loved by our congregation and our community.  When my son was in the hospital over and over again, to when we lost my mother-in-law, the community surrounded us with an overwhelming love.

God has called us to move again to Rio Rancho.  And just like the past two times we have moved, everything is falling right into place.  I believe it's God's way of letting us know that the right things are happening in His time...and we just have to continue listening with all of our heart.

There are some very special things I love about T or C...the ladies at Smith's, a great soak at the Blackstone, the stars in the sky, the neon sign of the motel I can see from my kitchen window on any given night, and the cool breeze off the lake on a sweltering, summer day.  But most of all, I love the people.  The people who have loved my family in spite of our faults.  The people who give and give and give some more.  The people who have loved a pastor and his family beyond words.

 I will miss year dearly, but know that God in His infinite wisdom has a plan for each of us.  Some of us move around like nomads, spreading the Good News, others of us stay in one place, spreading the Good News.  It's all ministry.  We just have to keep our ears and hearts open to God's nudging.

 "Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."  Philippians 1:3-6 (MSG)


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative