Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Living Well



Darlene wrote a great post today about "Associative Learning". It's about how we automatically associated certain behaviors with the other. For me, when the television goes on, I want to grab a snack, hungry or not!

I've become very aware of that within the past few weeks and am trying to do others things. (I'm trying to cut back on my television watching....not easy to do). It just takes a minute to really divert your thinking. Putting in a load of clothes, spending 5 minutes cleaning out a junk drawer, organizing my scrapbooking closet. Believe me, I have tons of things I can do rather than watch television and eat.

But yes, I know, there is nothing wrong with "vegging out" in front of the television. I just can't make a habit of doing it everyday anymore.

All I can do in my quest to Live Well is take it one day at a time and remember that I am not the number on the scale.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

4 comments:

tammi said...

Care to make a challenge out of this?! When I read Darlene's post this morning, I immediately thought about how at strike of 2 pm, I turn the TV on, flip to General Hospital, and then head to the kitchen to find myself a snack. (and then usually again at about the halfway point...)

Sad, SAD, SAD!!! In several ways!

So, what I propose is this: for the next week, you and I both seek to cut out some useless TV time ~ to avoid the snacking that inevitably comes with it. And to avoid useless TV watching!! My personal goal is to cut out 3 full one-hour episodes of GH and to not turn on the TV in the evening until the dishes have been washed and put away.

Are you game?

Sunny Shell said...

Sweet sister Cazandra,

Guess what? Our awesome Father God inspired both of us to post the same Scripture verse! I am constantly in awe of how He truly keeps us bonded in Christ Jesus!

How are your boys this week?

Bless you sister,
Sunny

Juliet Fieldew said...

Hi Cazandra, lovely to meet you!
I just read all of your current posts, and I was really blessed by your honesty & your turning to God each day despite your struggles!
And my favourite thing was the list at the end of most of your posts- 5 things you're thankful for! I'm thankful that I can meet awesome ladies like you on the other side of the world (I'm in Australia!), who love God and want to follow him no matter what! What a blessing that is!!

Joan said...

Amen Sister. Making changes in our lifestyle is hard, but so worth it in the end.
Peace and Love,

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative