Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Where He Meets Us

I had a revelation last night. Despite all of the craziness with my boys having bleeding episodes recently and dealing with my own weight loss struggle, you know who is always there? God. He meets us right where we are at. If it's at the depths of depression or when we are on high when our children are successful, God is there.

He knows we are broken people, yet He loves us with a love we can hardly comprehend. Why wouldn't I spend time everyday with someone this wonderful? There is no excuse. If God loves me with an everlasting love, I need to show Him that I love him back.

The beauty of it is, that I don't have to wait until I lose weight or have been the "perfect" mom for the day before I spend time with God. He takes me as I am and will help me accomplish the things that I strive for.

Today I Am Thankful For:
1. ice cold water
2. my husband dropping the kids off at school
3. making moves forward in my ministry
4. the ability to write in an open forum
5. the cool, desert mornings

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative