Monday, September 15, 2008

Passion

I have had a great start to my week. I was given the opportunity to speak to a group in Nebraska (via conference call) about customer service. When I speak about customer service, it is in relation to caring for those with bleeding disorders.

I have a passion for educating. I taught middle school band in the Texas Public School System for thirteen years before I came to my current job. Now, I get to educate people caring for those with bleeding disorders such as hemophilia, which my sons are afflicted with.

The other area my passion has "oozed" into is speaking to women's groups about Christ and how He works in our lives. My ministry is in the early stages of development, and it is really exciting.

I never dreamed my passion would be speaking. I always thought it would be music. Music is still a passion of mine (I am an oboist) but I never dreamed it would change. (With my fortieth birthday looming, I have been reflecting a bit too much).

Sometimes I am overwhelmed at how God has worked in my life. Through what many would think is devastation, hemophilia has blessed me in countless ways. Through the dissolution of the relationship with my sister, I have found who I truly am through Christ and otherwise may not know Him the way I do now.

He has ignited a passion in me. A passion to share His word.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. incense
2. the lingering, morning breeze
3. Hurricane Ike sparing much damage to my family
4. hope
5. Proverbs 31 Ministries

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative