Friday, September 18, 2009

Feels Like Home

We have been in our new home (the parsonage) for just over a month. I am happy to report that all the boxes are gone! This house is smaller than our previous home, so I was not able to unpack everything. Things like my pretty angels and all of my family pictures. I had to downsize. And you know what I have felt? As if we have lived here for years. Our house truly feels like home.

My second house in Houston was a beautiful 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath, 2 story home. We lived there for over 6 years and it never felt as much like home as the parsonage does.

We have stepped out in faith in outrageous ways in the past 3 years and I believe God is telling us that we are indeed listening and following his call.

It's a wonderful, exciting and humbling feeling to know that you are indeed following Christ.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. downsizing
2. small closets
3. fresh paint
4. black lights
5. peanuts

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative