Monday, September 28, 2009

It's not always easy

My "thing" has always been that I try to "ooze" the light of Christ in all that I do. I think you'll agree with me that it is not always the easiest.

The part of "oozing" that has been so difficult lately has been letting the light of Christ fill my heart for myself. The enemy sneaks in and can extinguish that light in a matter of seconds.

"School is too hard. I'm too old. I'm not good enough. I made a big mistake. I'm not a good enough parent." And the list goes on.

Not only do we need to try and let His light shine in our actions to others, but we need to let His light fill our hearts and souls for ourselves.

I have always had a hard time putting myself first, but I know that God wants us to be happy and fulfilled. Sometimes it takes putting ourselves first so that we can be good to our loved ones.

What are you doing to put yourself first and let Christ's love shine in you?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. sweatshirts
2. scotch tape
3. dogs that dream
4. cold toes
5. invitations

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative