Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Language

I have a Bachelor's of Music Education degree. The language of "education" is natural to me. Now that I work in the healthcare industry, the language of "healthcare" has become natural to me as well.

I started seminary last week. My first class in 20 years! The language of theology is not natural to me. I am reading and re-reading the same things over and over again just for basic comprehension! Needless to say, it has humbled me.

But something ugly has resurfaced with a vengence...DOUBT. That doubt can be a killer. It can squeeze the life right out of you. It can make all of the good you have done in your life just disappear within seconds. In times of doubt we have to rely on the Sword of the Spirit - the Word of God. When all else fails, and I feel empty, I go back to Philippians 4:13,

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

It is a piece of the word that speaks a mountain of truth.

What scripture gives you hope? What scripture chases away doubt?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. fantastic colleagues
2. good haircutsw
3. homemade cherry Cokes
4. seeing the Earth from an airplane
5. clouds

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative