Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Losing Yourself

Oozing can be difficult. As a preachers wife, I feel like I am always having to be "on." I office out of our church so I am part of the daily comings and goings of folks as they come in. I am not just working my regular job but I am seen as the pastors wife so there are certain expectations. What I am realizing is that it can be very easy to lose who you are.

I want to be an oozer. I want nothing more than for the light of Christ to shine through all of my actions. Whether I am greeting people on Sunday mornings or cleaning toilets at the church, I want for that light to flow through me. But while you are fulfilling the roles you play everyday, you can lose yourself and the reasons for why you do what you do.

God knows each of us. He knows our hearts. He knows our struggles and our victories.

All we do should be pleasing to the Lord.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. sleeping dogs
2. scotch tape
3. Facebook friends
4. cold fingers
5. webcams

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative