Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Being Unsettled

We've been in T or C since mid August and for the the most part we are settled.

My house is unpacked, my office at church is unpacked, the kids rooms are done, so why am I so unsettled?

Before we moved, I had a great routine. I would get up early, have my quiet time, read my Bible, blog, then it would be time for everyone to get up. I would help get the kids to school, go to the office, go to the gym and back home for the evening.

My quiet time is not regular and there is no gym here so I have to really make the effort to exercise and it just hasn't happened.

With those two things missing from my life, I am unsettled, and I just don't "feel" well.

Quiet time nurtures our heart and soul. Our relationship with God strengthens.

Exercise nurtures our physical body and we just downright feel better when we take care of ourselves.

I use so many excuses to not take care of myself..."The kids....my work...the church...etc., etc." We have to put ourselves on top of our list. If we can't take care of ourselves and be happy, no one around us will be happy either.

I am making a commitment to my morning quiet time. I felt so great when it was a regular thing in my life.

I am also going to make a commitment to get some exercise. I had been feeling better than I had in years. It also helped keep my depression in check.

Here's to new commitments and "resolutions"! It doesn't have to be January 1st to start fresh!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. business cards
2. label makers
3. window paint
4. ethernet cables
5. shiny fingernails

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative