Friday, October 16, 2009

Vacation?

Have you ever taken a trip to Wal-Mart alone and felt like it was a vacation?

It's pretty sad, but can be an enjoyable outing when you have the chance to go sans kids.

This afternoon was filled with work but my mind was already preparing to take Christian to Albuquerque for his chemo treatment. My husband was extremely busy at church, the kids were keeping themselves amused at church and then it happened...Christian had an "accident." The kind where the only remedy is to strip and take a bath.

The joys of motherhood...a three year old is always an adventure. In our instance the "two's" were no problem, it's the "three's" that have been a challenge!

I am in a season of trying to ignite my passion again. School has not done it for me at all. Work, well, it's work. I'm really good at it, but I am looking for more.

A great opportunity has come my way through my work and I am hoping that it pans out to give me more of a challenge, but only time will tell.

I know, deep in my heart, that my mission right now is to keep the home fires burning while my husband finishes seminary. He is taking 14 hours and serving a church! It's crazy! I know that the only way he is doing it is by God's grace.

This time next year, seminary will be over and we can enjoy ministering without that over our heads. It's difficult, but will definitely be worth it.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. labels
2. Ibuprofen
3. surprise checks in the mail
4. curling irons
5. Wal-Mart

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative