Monday, October 26, 2009

Merry Christmas??

I had a great experience this weekend. I went to a ladies retreat at Elephant Butte Inn, which is our neighboring town on the lake (it is a beautiful place). Janet Drez (Octopus Faith), was our guest speaker from Arizona.

The retreat was entitled, "Christmas Through the Eyes of A Child." She walked us through anticipating the Christmas season. Sounds funny to be talking about Christmas in October, but before we blink our eyes the season will be upon us.

I always get overwhelmed with the holiday season. Actually, Thanksgiving is my favorite, but I feel as if I have to do Christmas "right" like a family member who I used to be close with always did. You know, the "Martha Stewart" kind of Christmas.

But that is not me and never will be. I just know that I will continue to focus on why we celebrate Christmas. Like Janet said this weekend, it's the biggest birthday party of the year!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. new friends
2. afternoon naps
3. paper shredderws
4. a new bible study (The Reason We Speak)
5. date night!

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative