Monday, January 18, 2010

4 Years Ago



4 years ago today, my life changed. I gave birth to my second son, Christian. For four years my husband and I tried to conceive (our oldest son is 10 years older than Christian). When we finally gave up trying, there he was!

To say we were utterly amazed that we were blessed with another child is an understatement. The pregnancy was difficult but worth every minute.

Not only did our lives change because we were bringing a newborn into our home after 10 years, but he, too, was diagnosed with Severe Hemophilia. I only thought I knew how to handle Hemophilia after dealing with Lance's condition...Christian has taken us down a road with a bleeding disorder that I never dreamed.

After many hospitalizations, surgeries, and chemotherapy my life is filled with a joy I never imagined.

The Lord has provided for us in ways too numerous to list. And entrusting us with two amazing lives to raise is beyond words.

I am not sure what is in store for us, but I know the Lord will never give us more than we are able to handle.

Happy Birthday, my sweet, Christian. The best is yet to come.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. candles
2. birthday cake
3. email
4. presents
5. tokens

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative