Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Being Called

When you use the word "called" often time people think you are crazy or that it just applies to "ministry."

I don't think that's true. I think everyone is called to do something. To create, to write, to learn, to parent, to teach, to sing....the list goes on.

The one thing I am certain of in my life is the calling that has been placed on my life to teach. I taught middle school for many years and left when a lucrative offer came my way for a career change. In that new career I continued to teach...but now adults.

I have ventured out into a new arena. Women's bible study. Last night I started a group and we are studying, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, by Joanna Weaver. It is a wonderful book that was given to me a few years ago and I have always wanted to share it with a group of women. And we started last night.

It was wonderful! We have a fantastic group of about 12 women, all very different. All bringing wonderful stories and perspectives to the table.

I am so honored to be a part of this dynamic group of women. I pray that I am up to the task to facilitate and lead all to a deeper understanding of the Word of God.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. catalogs
2. kleenex
3. retreats
4. new outfits
5. choo-choos

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative