Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Christian

My Christian has been having a rough time. He's had a knee bleed and an ankle bleed back to back within the past two weeks. It's been very painful for him. To see him crawling and limping just hurts my heart. I spent Wednesday morning with him...from midnight until 4 am, holding him to try and soothe his pain.

As a parent, I would do anything in the world to take the pain of hemophilia away from my children. But it's just not in the plan. All I can do is be there in every way possible for both of my boys. To make sure they have their factor, that it is administered properly, to hold them when they are in pain and all has been done except let time pass for the injury to heal.

Tonight has been one of those nights as we wait in the hotel in Albuquerque and administer fluids before his chemo on Friday. The waiting, the re-accessing of his port, the anticipation of yet another new drug in the hopes that his inhibitor will be eradicated.

We wait and we pray for God's will to be done.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. my homecare company
2. our nurse S.
3. chocolate cake
4. chicken strips
5. anticipation

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative