Monday, March 08, 2010

A Privledge

What a privledge I had this weekend to speak to a group of parents in Montana about parenting and bleeding disorders. It was great! The audience participated and had great comments that were encouraging for each other (I was worried they wouldn't talk...they were spunky)!

Something happened in the middle of the presentation...I was standing there, going through my power point when all of a sudden I realized I wasn't that scared, freaked out new mom of a child with hemophilia anymore. Not anymore!

Boy have things happened in the past thirteen years.

It's amazing how God prepares us.

I believe those years ago as I was learning all the ins and outs of being a new mom to a child with hemophilia, He was preparing me for the day I would share my experiences with others.

It's an amazing feeling to know that God is using you.

I also believe you don't have to be doing something "huge" like presenting to a room of people or heading up a major corporation. He uses us everyday. In our roles of being parents and spouses...teachers and cheerleaders...equippers and encouragers.

How is God using you?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. kind people
2. a cherished opportunity to speak
3. hotel coffee
4. fun purses
5. leggings

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative