Monday, July 02, 2012

Unsettled

I am so happy right now.  We are living in a beautiful home that we can breathe in, the boxes are unpacked, we live in the big city where we can get to whatever we need to get to quickly (especially the hospital) and our new church is just amazing.

Why is it I am feeling so unsettled?

Change is so hard….it's inevitable.  And it sometimes brings out the worst in us.  In my case, it brings out doubt. 

Doubt whether or not I can live up to being a preachers wife in a growing, vital church.

Doubt whether or not I can find my place and allow ministry to happen.

Doubt whether or not I can develop new relationships (and learn names :)

The enemy knows your weakness...knows where you waver that tiniest bit.  That's when he sinks his claws in and has a field day with your heart.

I am glad that I can see when this happens to me...I just have to continue to move forward and tell the enemy to get out of my head and most importantly, not let him in my heart. 

 Today I Am Thankful For:
1.  Plastic pools
2.  Fresh cherries
3.  Handshakes
4.  Sunday's
5.  A freshly, mopped floor



post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative