Monday, January 28, 2013

Always Searching

I enjoy shopping at Sam's Club. I don't go very often and am not one to buy hundreds of dollars of items at a time, just a few things now and then. One of the things I enjoy most about shopping at Sam's is visiting the book aisle. They always have a pretty good collection of Christian books, journals and Bible Studies.

95% of the time I leave with a book. Not because I am looking for a curriculum to teach at my regular Tuesday night group, but because I am always looking for words and truths that will enhance my spiritual life.

"Maybe this is the study I need to work on during my devotional time? It may just be "the one" that helps me get closer to God. This could be the book that highlights that "certain scripture" that changes everything for me!" I just don't want to miss anything.

I think everyone is on a quest. Some people want to be famous and have stellar careers in their industry. Others want to have the comforts of the world and want to make tons of money. And there are even people on a quest to have good, solid relationships with those in their lives.

I am on a quest to know the Creator of the Universe. In my world, it is Jesus Christ. I am not concerned that I am "still searching", it's when I stop searching and wanting to be closer to Christ that I need to worry.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” Jeremiah 29:13-14 (NIV)

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. rakes

2. potting soil

3. a rainy day (not very common in New Mexico)

4. spot remover

5. Christ meeting me when I step out in faith

 

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative