Monday, January 07, 2013

Moving Forward

I am called to ministry. I have definitely felt God's call since my family moved to New Mexico six years ago. My biggest question is how to live out that calling. Most people would think that being the wife of a pastor would be enough...it's just not. My passion is to speak and teach and I have had some amazing opportunities in speaking to women's groups and speaking across the country to families affected by bleeding disorders. The beautiful thing is that my ministry has not been solely in the "religious" realm, but also in the corporate world of motivational speaking.

Now that we have settled in to our new lives in Rio Rancho, it is time for me to step it up. I will be attending an intensive speaker's workshop in a couple of weeks in North Carolina. The women at Proverbs 31 Ministries have developed a program for women who are Christian speakers. I attended their She Speaks conference several years ago and it was amazing. I am looking forward to the next step in this journey (and am fighting doubt about this daily).

I don't want life to pass me by by making excuses for not pursuing my passions. One big step I have taken recently is that I have started taking horseback riding lessons! I have loved horses all my life and decided it was time to make time for myself and feed my passion.

What are you doing differently this year to feed your passion?

 

Today I Am Thankful For

1. Baking cookies on a Sunday afternoon

2. Peanuts

3. The Food Network

4. Paper towels

5. The kids going back to school!

 

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative