Sunday, January 13, 2013

What is Waiting?

I remember when I was a young girl how I would dream of the man I would marry, the house I would live in, the names of my children and what my life would be like.
It's funny how none of what I dreamed of so long ago ever came to be...it's only better :)
I thought I had completely learned how to let go of what I "expected" to happen in my life and am coming to realize that there is a big part of me that still holds on to some things. Sometimes I feel as if I should just stop and accept my position in life... mother, wife, pastor's wife...why should I want more? Is it selfish?
I know the answer to that is no. I just start to doubt myself as I step out in faith to further my ministry and my calling.

This week I have my first meeting with the District Committee of Ordained Ministry in the United Methodist Church. This group will help me in the process of determining whether or not I am called to ordained ministry, or if my ministry as the wife of a pastor and speaker is enough for me.
I also leave for the She Speaks Intensive on Saturday. I will spend three days in intensive workshops developing my skills in message preparation. I am completely stepping out of my comfort zone with this, but know I am called to attend.

Things happen and plans change. Sometimes at the drop of a hat and other times change happens over time. Change is inevitable. It's how we respond to it that determines what our future will look like.

And we just never know what is waiting for us.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. homemade soup
2. quick trips to Wal-Mart
3. kleenex with lotion in each sheet
4. horses
5. a hug of thanks from my sick teenager

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative