Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Surrender

In the corporate world, you really don't know if you will have a job from one day to the next. Without warning, you could get "the phone call" and be jobless. When I took a job in this world five years ago, I was constantly worried about "the phone call". Thankfully, it has yet to come.

I kept questioning myself and often wondered why I left such a comfortable position in the teaching world to go out to the unknown. I knew it was God, but the uncertainty made me crazy.

I was talking to my boss about our positions in the company today as we heard the news of her boss, and dear friend, resigning to take advantage of a wonderful opportunity. She asked me if I was worried about my job and for the first time in five years I honestly, without reservation told her that I wasn't. I went on to tell her that if the company was going to let me go, there was not much I could probably do about it and that God would be leading me on a different path...a better one.

Wouldn't it be great if we approached everything in our lives this way? To keep in the front of our minds that God has ordained our paths and when one door closes, another will open. It may not open when we want it to or even lead to where we think we should go, but we need to surrender ourselves to God's will completely, and everyday.

I have to remind myself everyday "Not my will, by thy will be done".

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative