Friday, July 11, 2008

"Wadee" and Ladybugs

In a mere hour we will be heading back home! I can't believe we survived the bohemian, one room, student apartment for 12 days! It really has not been that bad, but the thought of my own bed is heavenly.

This morning I took my 2 year old, Christian, for our last walk on campus. He was all excited about seeing the "wadee". Water, that is. There are several ponds with lilypads and running water and he absolutely goes crazy over watching the flies on the water and the little waterfalls.

Well, we had a couple of beautiful surprises this morning. On our way, we saw the most beautiful (and enormous) butterfly. He was black and yellow having a good old time in a patch of flowers. My Christian's eyes were huge. We stood for several minutes watching the beauty of this little creature hopping from flower to flower. When he flew off, Christian blew him a great big kiss. How beautiful is that?

We finally reached our "wadee" destination and while Christian was climbing down from the little ledge that lined the walkway he saw a ladybug. It was all alone, looking for a way down. I put the ladybug on my hand and Christian went nuts! He must have thought I was going to hurt it, so I put it back down and we sat and watched it run around until it disappeared.

Children and innocence. It's a beautiful thing. I am blessed to have a little one in my life again for many reasons, but today, he helped me to see the beauty in the tiniest things God has created.

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative