Monday, July 07, 2008

Working from Home

I work from home and that can truly be a challenge. First of all, you really need to be a highly motivated, self starter, and sometimes you just don't feel like living up to those expectations.

My job allows me to work wherever my laptop and cell phone are able to be connected. The world wide web is an amazing thing. But, working from a home office can get lonely and it does not help my depression at times.

When I was going through some very dark roads after my father died this past fall, my depression was eating my lunch. Working from home was not going well. I truly felt as if my life was falling apart. My husband (the Music Minister at our church) moved my office to his choir room. It truly saved my life. Being around people and having to physically go in to work helped to put me back on track. I am an "honorary staff member". They are wonderful folks.

Today has just been a great Monday. Work has been good, I've been extremely productive my family is together (in our one room apartment until we head home Friday..Woo Hoo!) and the sun is shining.

What can I say, God is Good All the Time!

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative