Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Being Thankful.....

Yesterday was not a good day. The day before, we traveled from Deming to Denver and arrived at 11:30 pm Sunday night. I decided to bring the boys up to Denver while my husband takes his summer classes at Iliff.

We are in a one room efficiency apartment....the toilet overflowed three times.....I was exhausted and had a conference call at 8 am .......I was not a happy camper.

Needless to say, I was in a very bad mood. I was already trying to decide when me and the boys would be heading back home. I know I stressed my husband out and I really felt bad, but I was miserable! Why did I decide to load up and come for two weeks (of course, it was my idea)?

God helped me to see how selfish I was being. I wanted to pack up and come so we would all be together. I am blessed with a job that allows me to work wherever my laptop and cell phone work, so why not keep the family together?

My husband and I are best friends. We don't do well when the other is away. I mean, we handle the duties of mom/dad fine when the other is gone, but we are so connected. We are truly complete together (I know, that's a bit codependent...but we're close).

Today was a much better day. I was more productive with work, was able to stock the kitchen, went for a walk before the kids were up and just had a better attitude.

We're staying. I am living the saying "Home is where your heart is" because I am with all my guys. It doesn't matter how many rooms you have (or if you have cable) it's all about being together and showing love for each other.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative