Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A New Commitment

Well, I've started again. My weight loss journey, that is. I hit the treadmill at the gym. The crazy thing is, when I am there walking, I feel like I'm not doing enough. I see the weights and they are just too overwhelming. I figure that I will at least get started with my cardio work and try to be consistent with that before I even think about weights.

Why can't I keep focused? I am going to turn 40 in a few months and I absolutely hate how I look and feel. Shouldn't that be enough to keep me motivated? I think it's the fact that I want everything to happen overnight. How crazy is that? I know in my heart, it will take time, but it is just so easy to get discouraged.

This time has to be different. I have to do it. I have to remember to keep God first in everything, especially this. I know I can do anything and everything through Him. I think Satan just really knows my weaknesses and hits me hard.

Here's to Living Well!

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative