Monday, October 20, 2008

Anxiety

I used to think my mom was crazy, when in fact she was having an anxiety attack. I mean, is that real? Do people really have attacks of anxiety?

Yes. I know. From personal experience.

Everyone get anxious about one thing or another, from time to time. But someone who suffers from anxiety can deal with attacks often. Sometimes daily, or several times a week.

I am fighting off an attack as I type this in hopes that I can pray through it and offer all I have to God.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

When I am about to take a big step in faith, anxiety will come on to me. I know it's really Satan trying to get his way with me when I have the least bit of doubt, but what I truly know is that if I am listening to God and being obedient to Him, I am moving in the right direction.

I am currently working on my marketing materials for my speaking ministry and it is all becoming real. It is really a bit scary...to put yourself out there not knowing the response you will get. But I know in my heart I am going where God is leading me.

I pray that all my actions and words will ooze Christ in all that I do.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a vacation day
2. a clean baby blanket
3. crisp, morning air
4. my reading glasses
5. highlighters

1 comments:

TJ said...

You sound so down to earth. I enjoyed your blog. Keep up the good work. And remember, that God is always faithful.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative