Thursday, October 16, 2008

Punkins

Last weekend we went to the Pumpkin Festival. It was wonderful! We went to the pumpkin patch and were able to pick our own pumpkins. My oldest helped his little brother pick a pumpkin of his own.



He hasn't let it out of his sight! It rides to daycare every morning with us, goes to church, goes to the store...he's just too precious. He always has his "Punkin" with him.

The change of seasons always brings a favorite verse to mind from Ecclesiastes:

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...."

We know that there is a time to be born and a time to die, a time to weep and a time to laugh. We know that the seasons will change and God will bring us blessings throughout the different seasons in our lives.

Change is inevitable. My prayer for the change in seasons is that God is always first in my heart and in the hearts of those I love.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. hearing the clothes in the dryer
2. plants needing to be watered
3. the letter my mom wrote me before she passed away
4. my dogs sleeping at my feet
5. "Punkins"

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative