Monday, October 27, 2008

A New Day

I am back at work today after my depression had gotten the best of me this past week. I was pretty anxious about getting back with the routine, and after a little rough patch this morning, things have settled down.

My life verse is Isaiah 43:1, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine." But you know, I think the best part is 43:2, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you, When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze."

When life gets rough, I often feel as if I am drowning. That I have no way back to shore. But God will never let the rivers sweep over me. He is there for me during the roughest of times in all the fires that I find myself in...I always come out unscathed because of His love. That is an amazing thing. His love endures forever and is never judgemental. What a gift!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. having the strength to start fresh
2. my sweet husband
3. the Word of God
4. a clean bathroom
5. ink in my printer

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative